Monday 16 March 2015

The Lent Diary - Mar 16

Menopause sucks.

I don't think anyone would disagree with me. Young people only know the concept and I can't imagine it's a pleasing thought. Men, especially the partners of women going through menopause, would absolutely agree. And we women, well, we know it.

I had become secure in the knowledge that my ovaries had quit and that my poor body had finally done its last turn at trying to get me pregnant. And I was not unhappy with that situation. Months passed where I felt as though I no longer synched with every woman around me. Every 28 days I did a little happy dance because lo and behold I did not have to make a trip to the drug store or clip coupons for an essential item that our government deems "not essential" and therefore taxes up the wazoo.

My wazoo finally had a rest.

That is, until Saturday. Too much information, you say? Well, nobody talks about this. Nobody. My doctor barely talks to me about this. Then again, she's more than 20 years away from having to worry about it herself. This is just a fact of life, like the ones they tried to teach us in "health" class. The thing is, this is a fact women need to know but men don't really need and/or care to know anything about. Unless they need and/or care about the woman/women in their lives.

So, take it from me.

Menopause sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment